Instructional Designer || Instructional Developer || Instructional Technologist
2018 Graduate Certificate – Workplace Instructional Design | Boise State University – Boise, ID
2006 Master of Science – Industrial/Organizational Psychology | Florida International University – Miami, FL
2004 Bachelor of Science – Psychology | University of the West Indies – Kingston, Jamaica
Experience | Learning Technologist
Bisk – Tampa, FL | 04.2018 - Present
• Functional expert on several instructional technologies.
• Quick turnaround for e-learning courses that are in rapid redevelopment.
• Crunch transfer of online courses from one LMS to another.
• Promote facilitators’ seamless transitions from one learning system to another.
• Train subject matter experts on various learning tools.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to update course structure and upload course content.
• Design and develop a variety of training courses.
• Design and produce job aids.
• Troubleshoot technical problems in live courses.
• Demonstrate the features of new and existing technologies.
• Provide consult to others regarding the use of new and existing technologies.
• Test courses for instructional integrity and functionality.
• Facilitate live learning sessions.
• LMS: Canvas; BISK (Proprietary).
Experience | Technology Tool Specialist [Instructional Designer]
Florida International University – Miami, FL | 09.2016 - 04.2018
• Point person for several instructional technologies used in the College of Business.
• Convinced the Chapman Graduate School to grant students early access to their courses.
• Overhauled the structure and flow of several courses.
• Increased student engagement in courses.
o Designed activities that require multi-modal engagement both collaboratively and independently | Implemented multimedia applications in courses.
• Reduced student frustration when interfacing with courses.
o Course redesigns | Created user guides and performance aids for faculty and students.
• Worked with SMEs to concept map, storyboard, and design and develop course content.
• Designed learning activities that require multi-modal engagement: text, audio, audio/visual.
• Created/built out the designed online course content within various learning management systems.
• Worked with SMEs to review, revise and update course content.
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they present in live courses.
• Pre-assessment question analysis and post-assessment item analysis.
• Assisted in designing adaptive learning strategies to personalize learning experiences. • Trained faculty on how to use the LMS as well as specific integrated learning tools.
• Created user guides and performance aids.
• LMS: BlackBoard; Canvas.
Experience | Intern Instructional Designer
Impactly / LearnerNation – Miami, FL (Remote) | 04.2016 - 07.2016
• Produced engaging online courses.
• Streamlined learning content.
• Designed and developed multi-modal course experiences.
• Business writing.
• Built formative and summative assessments for business-focused courses.
Experience | Instructor & Department Chairperson
Somerset Academy – Broward County, FL | 08.2006 - 08.2016
Experience | Online English\Language Arts Instructor
Edgenuity, Inc – Scottsdale, AZ (Remote) | Contractor: 02.2015 - 10.2015 & Employee: 10.2015 - 02.2016
• Direct & monitor student academic progress and course pacing via proprietary LMS and SIS.